Monday, October 6, 2008

Time to Re-Group, Re-Focus...

Okay, not sure where to begin...

I'll start with the fact that I consider myself organized. Organization has always come easy to me. I think it was my way of keeping things in check, a control factor [imagine that?!] If I was organized then I could plan more, better, etc. I was also recognized, early on, in a positive way for my organizational skills.
Maybe that's why I am having a hard time with the fact that no matter how many lists I create these days, I can't seem to stay on top of them.

I have lists for work, for home, for myself, for Rick, Connor and MaKenna's
schedules/activities. I have to do lists, must do lists, be here, go there lists, work out/ fitness lists, grocery lists, gift shopping lists, send card lists, birthday, anniversary , celebration, thank you lists, update blog lists, send pictures lists, volunteer lists, need to touch base with, need to visit lists, need to let this person know how important they are to me lists, need to show my appreciation lists.

My children are more and more self-sufficient and yet it seems like there is no more time to get the lists done! Maybe it's because the more self-sufficient they get the more activities, and to-do items creep onto their lists? Which loosely translates to my list.

Maybe I have reached my own maximum capacity for the whole more, better plan thing. Maybe I just cannot cram another thing into the time constraints that I have? Maybe that's it... maybe it's not an organizational thing but a time thing?! I am envisioning a thermometer on a hot day... remember the cartoon images? all of a sudden the mercury explodes! Well, I think that I have exceeded my "temp." time capacity!

Seriously though, how many of you have thought about your days from start to finish each day? Am I alone in this struggle? I take the deep breathes and try to polish off the "S" [or is it a "W" - yeah right] on my chest and accept the fact that I am a person who will always struggle with the concept of "did I do or accomplish enough today?!" It's a tough balance between making the most of the days you have and being a busy bee!

Another realization... no wonder I "crash and burn" a.k.a. get run down sometimes!
Top of my next list... Do what you can and accept the fact that you cannot control time!
Time for bed... because along with my value of organization I value sleep almost as much!
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep is good.
Having always lived an orderly life, I wonder if those folks who love chaotic mess all around them have an easier time? They just let it all happen around them. Then again...they are always late, can't find anything, and who would want to clean out their house in 30 years?
All I can recommend is praying and asking the Lord to sort things off your plate that He thinks are unnecessary. He will help with that, I'm certain.
Oh, and housework can always wait. But you know that!
Much love, kindred spirit. Here's to organization.
auntie s

Tracy said...

I honestly just got done writing a list for the girls to do today, Columbus Day, while I'm at work. I am a big list gal. I leave them for Brian, but he HATES them. He never does them. Why do I write them???

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.