Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rock the VOTE....Rick the Vote

Rick, Rick, he's our man!
Tuesday is our school district's vote. Budget and school boards member's fate to be determined.
Rick is running for a seat on the board. We have had lots of conversation about this opportunity. It all started when I mentioned to Rick that I was thinking of running for the board myself. Rick was supportive and we hashed out the pros and cons. As time passed and the it was announced that there were openings on the board, I had started my new job. Rick and I felt that with both kids being students in the district it was time for one of us to volunteer and run for the board. We decided that with my schedule it would be best for Rick to run.

It has been somewhat of a cathartic process. It has brought back some fond memories of when my Dad ran for school board. I can remember our family helping with the "campaigning"! We stood outside... a specific distance away from the entrance of the school, and handed out fliers, asking people to vote for our Dad! I believe that I learned about civic duties, volunteering and being part of working towards the greater good from my parents! They have all set examples of this throughout my life! I only hope that Rick and I can do the same for Connor and MaKenna.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm happy to see you updated your blog as it's been a while and I was starting to worry about you....but it looks like you and your fam are happy and busy and that's great! I did see that Rick is running for the school board and I will definitely be voting for him tomorrow (and so will Dan). Best of luck to him and all of you in this new venture! xo

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.