Friday, May 23, 2008

6 Wonderful Years...

Our MaKenna turned 6 years old today! Happy Birthday Kenna girl!
It amazes me just how fast the time goes by. Maybe it's because we're in the middle of it? Maybe it's because there is so much to think about? Maybe it's because "time flies when you're having fun!"?
In MaKenna's words, she had "the most awesomest birthday EVER!" This was a great day and a nice way to end a kind of crummy week for MaKenna. She has been sick all week. Battling ear infections, a cough that wouldn't quit and a nasty cold. That was bad enough but, when she had to stay home and miss school [especially since MaKenna was Star Student this week] that was the worst! MaKenna missed the day when she could have a Guest Reader come into the class and the day that she could bring in her birthday snack! Let's just say that the tears flowed and flowed and Rick and I were the most unfair parents ever! Not to fear though, MaKenna's teachers to the rescue... they promised to celebrate when MaKenna returns to school! sigh...big sigh!
The kids were off from school today. Rick and I had to work but the kids had a great day. We started bright and early before I left for work and MaKenna opened some gifts. Then off to some friends house for fun and cupcakes for a mid-morning snack [Ms. Sharon ROCKS!]Back to our house with friends in tow... more fun. For her Birthday Dinner Menu, MaKenna chose Goulash [Italian style], tossed salad with chi chi beans and fresh fruit salad! For dessert, no cake here just Twisters, please!
Six years ago today, I was in my hospital bed, getting acquainted to my beautiful, blessed baby girl and falling head over heals in love with her! Today, six years later I feel even more blessed and in love with MaKenna then I did on that day! MaKenna is my Lovey Girl!
We love you and wish you a Happy Birthday!


4 comments:

Donna said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday to Miss MaKenna! Hope she's feeling better soon and it sounds like she really enjoyed her 'awesomest birthday ever!'

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to MaKenna!
My baby turned 11 on the same day. It seems like such a short time ago that you were pregnant for MaKenna and Ryann was turning 5, not even in kindergarten yet. Now she is finishing 5th grade and my "baby" thinks she knows it all!

Laurie

Lynn said...

WOW! I clearly remember you being prego when you came to my house for that Stamping Up party Laurie and I hosted and that seems like yesterday in some ways. Congrats on making it her most "awesomest birthday ever!". Doesn't that make everything worthwhile when they say things like that? And congrats to Rick on becoming a member of the Livonia School Board!
xo

Tracy said...

belated bday wishes! what a cutie.
: )

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.