Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'll be Wearing a New Hat...

On Friday, February 1st, I was offered a job with Livingston County's Office of the Aging. I will be the Senior Nutrition Program Director. I accepted and will start February 25th.

I had seen the posting for the position in the newspaper back in mid December and was surprised to see it. I hadn't recalled every seeing a posting for a position like or similiar to this ever in Livingston or Monroe Counties. Another bonus was that they weren't requiring any certification in dietetics [a cert. that I am lacking]. So I talked the possibility of me submitting my resume/application over with Rick. You know me, analyze and analyze some more - what if this? what if that? Thank God, I am married to a patient man who can look past these sometimes annoying traits of mine. He actually sees the benefits in me being so obsessive - says that way we are usually prepared and organized! Like I said, Thank God!

So back to the job posting, it seemed as though it fit my qualifications perfectly. Almost too good to be true. I decided to give it a try with the philosophy of "you won't know if you don't try"! I interviewed for another "contracted position" that the County was interested in me for a few weeks ago and then for the posted position this past Monday.

The position looks to be very interesting and challenging. The Office of the Aging has an amazing reputation and the Director of the OOA is very respected from what I have heard. She will be who I report to. I will be responsible for all the Nutritional aspects/ offerings of the Office of the Aging.

I am excited to be back in my field of study and with reasonable working hours. It will be an adjustment for the family to have me working outside the home again and hopefully that will all go well, most days!
Feeling both excited and slightly nervous too!

5 comments:

Marcia said...

Honey,
Congratulations!
You are a "STAR" (Dadisum)and always will be. We love you, Mom

Rob said...

Congratulations Sis. Hope the transition is as painless as possible.

Donna said...

I've been following your comments through all the blogs and was so excited to read your blog and learn of your great news! Congratulations! You will be fabulous!

Lynn said...

WOW what a shocker! Congrats and can't wait to hear how you like it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Jess~
I know you well enough that when you put your mind to it, you succeed! Always up for a challenge. That's one of the many things that I love about you. The hard part with that is that you like to up the anity each time. That has led to lots of laughs on may occassions.
Not to worry - you'll be able to continue on with the whole work-out thing. Determination!
SO, Congratulations - my best to you and your family. Miss ya
Love and Peace, Sharon
PS Congratulations to Rob and the entire family on your new bundle of JOY!!

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.