Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


Close up green Easter
Originally uploaded by moline
A family day, just the four of us and it has been a nice day together. We have enjoyed one another's company. Wishing all of you a wonderful Easter and family celebration.

I love this photo. When I saw it, all these thoughts flooded my mind. The drawing on the calendar page reminds me of the Peter Rabbit Tales books and the illustrations on those pages. My Nana was an author, librarian and an avid reader. As a child, one of the many things that she indulged me with was lots of wonderful books. Nana started my Peter Rabbit Book collection and added the character figurines over the years. I even had a cup and plate with the Peter Rabbit sketches on them. MaKenna has inherited some of these items and they bring a warmth and a smile to my heart when I walk in her room and see them there. I remember when Connor was 6 years old, the students at Geneseo High School were preforming the Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit Tales for their annual school play. I took Connor to the show and truth be told I'm not sure who got more enjoyment out of it... him or myself. I know that Nana would have loved to be there with us.

I also love this picture because of the egg cups. When I was growing up we had egg cups. They were shaped like ducks and were very cute. My Mom would make us soft boiled eggs [another Nana memory, because I remember that my Nana always had her eggs done as soft boiled eggs]. It felt so fancy to have our soft boiled eggs served in these cute egg cups.

I'll try to post some pictures of the kid's Easter events soon!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

we ALWAYS has soft boiled eggs at Grandma's (in cute, little cups). Of course there were strips of toast to dunk in the yolks.

:

Happy Easter!

Lynn said...

hey miss miss-er-ton! I have a question when you get a sec; where do you find these adorable pictures you're putting on your blog and how to you put them there? And can you tell me how to get my picture so it shows with my blog replies? I'm lost!
thanks! hope your week is going well!

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.