Sunday, March 2, 2008

How Much can You Cram into a Weekend?

Perhaps this is a dangerous question?
It's Sunday night and things are semi slowing down here. I am waiting for Connor to finish reading and updating his log/ planner so that I can sign off on it. Waiting for the load of laundry in the dryer to be finished so that I can fold it and honestly waiting to wave the white flag and surrender for the night! I am whipped!

Friday, my first week of work completed at my new job. I am no longer the new girl, had my first "ice-breaker" moment when I realized that I had a huge hole in the seam of my pants. My turquoise undies were there for the viewing. I immediately explained to my office mates that although I was the "new" girl I hoped that they would tell me if they saw my undergarments hanging out! We all had a great laugh and I proceeded to see how "crafty" I could be with a stapler and packaging tape. No wonder I loved McGiver when I was younger! After work I raced home to pick Rick and MaKenna up so that we could make it to Connor's indoor lacrosse game, north of Rochester. After that I cleaned my Office Building, we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed home.

Saturday, we picked up Connor's buddies and headed down to Swain for his Birthday Skiing Party. It was the best skiing conditions that we have had and they had a great time. Connor wanted pizza from Maude's ['famous" pizza in Swain country] and a cake. We headed home, some more tired than others, some with rosier cheeks than others. Dinner was made, kids were showered and tucked, laundry was going [notice I did not say done, because WHEN? I ask, when? is it ever done?] and the birthday set up began. Balloons and decorations were hung and the gifts were put out. The kids love waking up in the morning and seeing the decorations and gifts that are waiting for them.


Rise and Shine Sunday morning to a very excited Birthday Boy! Connor turned 10 years old today! Hard to believe that I have been a Mom for 10 years! Connor was thrilled to get a Wii for his birthday [birthday pics and footage to follow]! We played and played some more. Got in a workout, more laundry and ironing then off to shop with the gift cards that Connor was eager to put to use. Birthday dinner and dessert, more Wii playing! Sunday night prep for the week ahead!

Well, I crammed in enough... I think?! Not much more room to cram in more - truth be told!
The buzzer for the dryer just went off, so on that note I'll close!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Happy B-day, to your little (I mean BIG guy)!
Sorry to hear about your undies hanging out. lol!

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.