Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm having a Flashback!











Some of you are for sure going to get a laugh or two out of this post.




You see, just a few moments ago MaKenna decided to treat Rick, Connor and myself to a "performance". We were all hanging out in the living room and in walked MaKenna and announced [not in her "indoor voice" either, I might add] that she wanted to show us something! I was told to stay seated, Rick was to pllleease stop using the computer and Connor "come on, I NEED to to pay attention to me!" On she went with her instructions and her pre-show routine. [Flashback starts... I remember something vaguely familiar from my childhood]MaKenna shared some of the songs & animated gestures that go along with the songs that she learned in music class today. There was the Spotted Penguin from Boca Raton and the Sleeping Bear song. We were told to "hold our applause until the VERY end" by MaKenna. [more flashbacks]The next part of the performance was the audience participation portion. I was hauled out of my seat and dragged over to stand in front of the couch, Connor "because he loves his Nerf b-ball hoop from Uncle Jesse and Aunt Brooke", had to stand under the hoop and Dad could just stay still and watch. I was told to sing "exactly" what MaKenna sang and when we sang about shooting one through the hoop Connor was to shoot and make a score. I was quickly lectured because I fell behind in the singing as I did not know what MaKenna was going to sing about next. [The flashbacks are getting really intense at this point] Next MaKenna launched into a full blown rendition of "You are the Music in Me" from HSM 2 [High School Musical 2].



I tried to capture MaKenna at her best but was having a hard time focusing because I was laughing so hard.



For those of you who grew up with me you are probably experiencing the Flashbacks now also.



For those of you who came into my life later down the road, I am sure you will relate as my "organizational" skills started somewhere. When I was a young gal, I too, like MaKenna liked to have performances. Oh, they ranged from gymnastics in the living room, to flying rope routines on the back yard rope swing, to belting out Andy Gibb songs and 8675...309999 at the top of my lungs. I, of course, co-hearsed my brothers and sisters, neighbor kids alike to participate. I have to say that IMO my greatest production was the Rope Circus that was held in our backyard. Sarah, Rob, the Alesia kids, Sarah's friend Tracy were the performers, I was the announcer [big surprise?]. We had music and had set up chairs for the audience. We invited our parents to watch, etc.



When MaKenna was directing us around tonight it was pay back!



Tata for now! Jess











4 comments:

Rob said...

Did MaKenna make everyone lay down for a nap anywhere in there? ;)

Tracy said...

Ha-Ha! I'm all about the performances! I love when my kids put together "choreography" with their friends, belting out HS Musical tunes or Hannah Montana.
Too bad you don't live closer - I'd love to have your little superstar in one of my dance classes! : )

Lynn said...

oh yeah - I can tell MaKenna is her mother's daughter....what a joy though, enjoy every moment and keep taking those photos! I can see the scrapbooking pages now! L

Sharon said...

WOW - it definately runs in the family! Though I have not known you long enough to remember you as a child. I do have flasbacks of your more recent performances. Funny they all include friends, beer, and or golf. O'h not to mention the lovely shots that our friend Dawn loves to encourage/force us to have. Shall I go any further for your friends that are not able to share in these memories? HA HAH HA HA
By the way, I feel very fortunated to be one of those people.
Lots of laughs!
Love and Peace Sharon

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.