Friday, January 18, 2008

TGIF...We're ready for the long weekend!

"Thank Goodness it's Friday" was Connor's greeting to me this morning! His remark summarizes the family's general attitude about the upcoming long weekend! Connor's new favorite day of the week is Friday because he has his Indoor Lacrosse League games. Their team is 1-1 and they play the topped ranked team tonight. To say that Connor is pumped is beyond accurate. Rick caught him with his Lax stick in one hand and brushing his teeth with the other this morning. When Rick questioned him, Connor said "Dad, I am so psyched for tonight's game...that's all I can think about, and I'm just practicing my cradling with my weaker hand!" I reminded him, gently that he needed to "get his head in the academic game" [High School Musical relate...anyone?]first as he has a spelling test, etc. today! Moms are sooo boring!
It looks as though we will be able to get some skiing in this weekend. Rick and Connor went last night with the school and said the conditions were fair. It's been cold today so I assume their making snow too! Should be fun to see friends and spend the day outside in the fresh air. MaKenna is ready to test out the slopes and more importantly [to her anyway] is to "finally get to wear my awesome ski boots" [oh,they are white and they have flowers{pink, of course} on them].We'll have to see about Sunday as it is suppose to be frigid here. May end up being a day for baking some cookies for a certain Aunt who is deployed and a lonely Uncle as well. We may wrap up the long weekend with a Mom & Kids ski day on Monday!
It amazes me how busy our lives can be. Albeit that we tend to do this to ourselves it is nice when the schedule allows for some fun activities that we all can do together.
Hope that you all have a great weekend too!

1 comment:

bac said...

Jessica
just wanted to say hi, and let yu know it was delightful
to read about your darling family.

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.