Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Working It Out...


Back to my 2008 Goals List. As some of you may know, In September 2007, a group of 3 of my girl friends and myself decided to make a change in our lives. We came to realization that we needed to make a commitment to ourselves to lead more fit lives. We had all verbalized many times how "unhappy" we were with our bodies, fitness level, etc. and decided that "enough was enough!" One of the ladies suggested that our group hire a personal trainer. We did it and have been working out and training with her every Tuesday and Thursday morning at 6am. It has been an amazing experience [all aches, pains, sweat and puke aside]. There is a certain level of accountability, responsibility, motivation and competition that this group provides that has been like no other that I have experienced. Our trainer is certified in a method of training that is called Cross Fit [check out the link to the right] and it is a great workout! I have been able to workout a total of 5-6 days per week with the exception of when we were at Disney. I have noticed physical changes - losing weight and toning but even greater are the over all attitude changes. I feel so much better about myself and the most committed I have been to this being a lifestyle change! Oh, I get frustrated that the weight doesn't come off faster but I didn't put the weight on overnight either!
So why share something so personal, well because it's another form of accountability. While I realize that true friendships and family-ships [a jessicaism] are not based on surface deep junk I know that those relationships can help keep me motivated and on track! Also, I hope that I can inspire those of you who may be doubting yourselves. Heck, if I can do these workouts, run [yes, run] and the Woman's Health Fitness Challenge test [hence the pic above] you can achieve your goals. Another 2008 goal was to maintain my commitment to a healthier, more fit way of life and so far so good!
If you get a chance you can check out the link to our Fitness Group's Blog that I started, it's called Working It Out - to the right. Also, check out the Woman's Health January Issue for the Fitness Test. I did it and will post results soon.
Good Luck with your goals! If you need a cheerleader let me know! I'd love to encourage you!
Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Jess! You should be so proud of yourself for putting yourself out there for others. I am certain that many will be able to identify with and/or learn from your wisdom and words!
You ROCK!
MB

Donna said...

Jessicissms! too cute and very fitting. I admire your determination and perseverance on this project and can't wait to see the results at our next retreat.

Tracy said...

You are amazing!

Lynn said...

I too am inspired by you my friend. We got a treadmill right before Christmas and I have been pretty consistent about working out at least 30 minutes a day on the treadmill. I haven't seen ANY weight loss but I do feel better about myself. I can't wait to walk with you again at the March retreat and hopefully this time I'll be able to keep up a little better with you!!!!!! xo

We wanted to share what was going on in our lives.